[at-l] Re: Dyslexia

One coping mechanisms, which I always use with numbers, is to read numbers and/or double check numbers in a double digit, or triple, digit formulation -- i.e., I would not read a set of numbers one digit at a time.  I would read
and/or double check 123-45-6789 as one-twenty-three, forty-five, sixty-seven, eighty-nine.  I don't know why it helps me, but it does.  You might give it a try.

Chainsaw

What my husband taught me was to read the list of numbers backwards.  If I write down my creit card number online, I reread the whole thing backwards against my card to doublecheck it before I Send.  Same with trying to reserve library books online.

Someone also taught us that, if you can't get a list of numbers to add up quite right, like when you're counting money and writing it down but the written and counted don't jive, that you've transposed something.

livingwithadyslexicbear