[at-l] RE: Bill IrwinQ

Though the time has already past, for those of you who went online last night to talk to Bill Irwin (the first blind man to successfully navigate the A.T. with his dog Orient), it was both enjoyable and thought provoking.  If he does a public online Q. and A. again, I will be sure to let you know here.  Sorry for not sharing it earlier with you.

On a more personal note- it was Bill himself, who met this novice thru-hiker in 2002 as I arrived in Bangor, ME to begin my trek SOBO.  He is as gracious in person as he was on the trail!  He makes all of us hikers a little more palatable to the general public.

Spanky
Hike4Fathers Above the Clouds