[at-l] I came back

----- Original Message -----
From: "W F Thorneloe" <thornel@attglobal.net>
To: "Frank Looper" <mapster@charter.net>
Cc: <at-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 3:05 PM
Subject: Re: [at-l] I came back

> Frank, you sweat but have good ventilation in your boots. Life is good for
> you. Some folks wear socks that will not wick, or have waterproofed/vapor
> proofed their boots until they turn into sweat pools. Trail runners are
> great for the ventilation, although not so great when walking thru puddles
> and streams.
>
> It all balances out.
>
> OrangeBug

Actually, they only suck the first time you step in a stream. After that,
you have great freedom.

Forget trying to step on all the little slippery rocks. Just slog through!

I do, however, recommend the double-layer nylon socks to everyone,
regardless of shoe type. I use my Thorlos for tent socks now.

Frank