[at-l] The eternal question / Nighttime pee pea

Brett,

Reference your post, dated 2-6-05, suggesting ?Increased fluid consumption
during the day in conjunction with electrolyte changes in the body that
somehow regulate overnight, making night time the right time for pee.
All-day exercise is the overarching culprit.?

I don?t understand how electrolytic change affects fluid intake, retention,
or disposal; then again, I don?t understand how electrolytes operate,
either.  You?ve, nonetheless, made an interesting observation.

I know exercise, or at least an increased level of exercise, requires
greater apparent hydration - O.K., you need to drink more water.  I always
thought the increase of water compensated for water lost during exercise,
and that much of the remaining water would be utilized by your body
processing the repair and adjustment demanded by the exercise, i.e., not
entirely expelled.

I?ve read, to remain warm that night and to remain hydrated the next day,
you should drink plenty of water before going to sleep at night.  I can?t
quite bring myself to do this, however, since I just ?know? I?ll freeze
something off going out to pee.  Let alone, how can you have a good night
sleep waking up to pee all through the night?  Re hydration, you should also
drink all the water you can consume in the morning before you begin your
hike that day.

This reminds me of a pithy saying - which I don?t recall in it?s entirety -
but love the bars which remind me, you occasionally come across, with the
name ?Pistol Dawn.?

Amy,  Stand-by for the prostate transplant.

OB,  What might the downside(s) be?

Steve