[at-l] Am I overpacking?

amy wrote:

>After a brush or two with being too cold and too wet in the past, I'm
>planning on taking more gear on the trail with me this year.  But it
>feels like a lot..

<snip>

>Am I overdoing it on the "warm and dry" theme?  I'll hopefully be doing
>Springer to the north end of the Smokies starting April 2.

Probably (overdoing it, that is) - BUT ---- I remember some really cold
nights (and days) through that part of the Trail.  In terms of weather, the
southern mountains are NOT the same as the southern coast or Atlanta.  I
remember sleet, hail and ice storms.  Along with some snow and a lot of
rain.  And a few 80* days.

Remember - you'll spend some considerable time at 4000 to 5000 ft elevation.
  And the weather at 4000+ ft is a lot different than one might expect of
"The South."

Have a good trip,
Jim