[at-l] Death of Sam Waddle

I regret to inform the list that Sam Waddle died yesterday.  There was
a message from his wife, Zella, on my answering machine when I got home
last night.  Sam will certainly be remembered for his long years of
service to the AT as the caretaker of Jerry Cabin shelter, maintainer of
the Trail in that section, and friend to many a hiker.  In case anyone
wants to send condolences, the address is: Mrs. Sam Waddle, 436 Sam Waddle
Lane, Chuckey, TN 37641-6450.
        ~~eArThworm

     Tallahassee, FL 32306-2047  850-645-1680  lpatton@mailer.fsu.edu
                     Visit my TRAILS BIBLIOGRAPHY at