[at-l] Hiking & Backpacking Event Website

Hello everyone!

I have looked for a central location where I could find dates and leads to further information on hiker events and get togethers with little luck.  So, I decided to create a website for Hiking and Backpacking Events.  This free and open to the public website will be used to house hiking & backpacking event information. This will help advertise (for free) and improve getting the word out about our events.

As I am already a member of several email lists, I really didn't want to create another.  I didn't want any posts or chatting.  I just wanted a site that I could go to and check out the latest information on events.  If members did decide that they would like to receive a monthly newsletter about the 3rd week every month listing the next month's upcoming events, then I may look into doing that.

The main feature of this website is the calendar.  From time to time additional features may be enabled, we'll just have to take it a day at a time and see what the needs of the group are.  Until then, if you know of a great educational opportunity for hikers & backpackers? Know of a gathering, ruck, or fest where hikers can commune together? Post it here.  Need to know where to go to get more information on attending a hiker/backpacker event?  Find it here.

If you know of an event, but are really not sure how to utilize the calendar, please email the pertinent information to us and we'll get it listed.  Please send info such as event name, date, times, locations, website, contact info to the list owner at hiking_backpacking_events-owner@yahoogroups.com

The following link is the website.  If I have set it up right, then you should not have to join, but should be able to freely view the calendar.  However, just in case I have included the necessary links to subscribe.

Subscribe:  hiking_backpacking_events-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Questions, suggestions, comments, and flames can be directed to this email address.  ;-)

Tenacious Tansi
   (Shelly Hale)