[at-l] The Grits that went a northern ruckin'...

...had a blast!  What a great way to spend my first trip across the Mason Dixon Line!  The PAruck was so much fun...here are a just a few high lights....

I put 1,276 miles on my van this weekend.

No sleep for 2 days isn't good for a long ride.

Black Wolves shouldn't sweat the petty things or pet the sweaty things.  ;-)

New short cut to Miss Janet's through the knobs & hollers.

There are triple crowner triple crowners.

Fubar isn't all that fubared.

Miss Janet sure can talk, and she's sooo much fun to hang out with.  (Jan, I've got your Thermarest...gives me a great excuse to come up for a visit!  And, I talked to Jerry about the weekend after 3/16...it's a go!)

15 minute naps are not near long enough...and it's hard to catch some winks when you've got such great company on a long drive.

The Iron Master's Hostel is such a beautiful old mansion.

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!!  Hold a spot for me with ya at Trail Days!!!  We gotta do this again.  I'll bring some muscadine wine.

Grey Owl is real short...and quiet.

Camo really does wear camo ALL of the time, and he's a professional sausage crumbler.

I still think Goosebump outta call the littlun "Papoose"...at least until she starts hiking on her own...And, I'm still sticking with 2/19 as a delivery date...who's takin' up money for bets?  ;-)

Ya gotta get Felixed in person at least once in your life.  (To get Felixed means to be placed in a state of total confusion through the course of conversation which results in the feeling of utter hilarity and mirth that lasts for days.)

Saturn is made even more beautiful when viewed on a cold winter's night.  (Thanks Stargazer)

They've great food up north...but there's not a drop of sweet tea to be found...sigh.

Folks up north don't know what "cat heads" are, but they sure love to eat 'em.

Homemade biscuits are the way to Marsha's heart.

Felix looks good in red.  ;-)

Salty foods are good for you.

Mara is very thorough in tuckerization and wonderful to chat with.

Long Haul is ready for the long haul...'cept for that big a$$ first aid kit.  ;-)  The other guy...well we certainly had some good laughs & we all learned something.

Takoma Tedd's songs are great on a CD but unbelievable when heard live.

Greenbriar is a great lunch/dinner partner.  I missed having ya around this campfire with me.

As with the Soruck, there just was not enough time at the PAruck.  Ginny, we'll have to make sure we get that chance to talk more!

Toes can get surprisingly cold no matter how many pairs of thick wool socks you wear.

Snow can freeze your hair.

Jose Quervo (and Apple Jack), you are a friend of mine.

2-fingers...there's no need to say anything further.

Head--who said head?

Butts are great for fanning the flames.

Some dogs are real friendly...REALLY friendly.

Gary loves to camp in colder-than-a-well-digger's-a$$-temperatures.  There's gotta be a great trail name for him somewhere in this past weekend...but I don't think he wants the one I like for him--while I didn't experience it maybe the dog could give some feedback on that.  :-)

I found a kewl bag of tricks in the woods that is full of great stories and laughs.

Even the best poetry may not win at Trail Days.  Somebody find me a copy of that!

Carrots can tell you the temperature by feeling the air.  I still want a copy of that pic of ya Jan was tellin' me about.  ;-))

Ski pants will melt if gotten too close to a fire--and boots, too!

There's a trick to popping Jiffy Pop popcorn over an open fire.

Camp fires are best experienced with the snow falling, good friends, moon shinin', and stories from the trail.

Tenacious Tanasi
(Shelly Hale)