[at-l] The "Grits" Debate. Instant!

Kyvcat@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 1/26/05 2:16:14 PM, AThiker@smithville.net writes:
>

>>>I have never yet seen a Yankee relish either grits or hominy.
>>>

>Well, actually, Felix didn't write it. He just quoted it.

Actually, I didn't quote it either....then again, I have no idea what
you think I said I said. All I'm sayin' is that with all of this 'hominy
chatter'...I'm gonna repost my homily to hominy...and, here it is:

We have gathered together today for a homily to pay homage to hominy,
corn porridge. Its distasteful stuff. It was a concoction of the American
Indian, and possibly led to the downfall of this proud people. As
Europeans began moving in to the New World, the Indians would offer them
hominy to eat. The Europeans would take the corn and, after a series of
events, turn it in to whisky. One thing lead to another and the "White
Man" owned all the land of America. The term 'homicide' comes from the
fact that the Indians were 'killed' because of the hominy. Until 1842,
the "Homing Pigeon" was known as the "Hominy Pigeon". A secretary had
trouble reading one of John Audubon's press releases, thinking the 'y'
was a 'g'. The pigeon only ate hominy, and is now extinct because of it.
Looking back on it now, hominy doesn't seem to be all that good. The only
good thing that comes from it are grits, and they're disgusting. But, it
will do your heart some good to observe a moment of silence today in
honor of hominy, that dried-corn treat of days gone by.