[at-l] The "Grit" Debate

In a message dated 1/26/2005 10:03:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, lbooher@pure.net writes:
  You eat oatmeal with sugar, don't you?  I don't know of anyone who eats oatmeal with salt and pepper, so why should we not eat grits with sugar?!

Is not Grits a Corn derivative?  Does anyone put sugar on corn?  OR do they call  "Cream of Wheat" Grits in Mississippi?

Actually, when we boil corn-on-the-cob, we do put a little sugar in the water to make up for what's already depleted from the corn since it was picked.  Corn pudding has some sugar in it.  No, we don't confuse grits with cream of wheat.  Never!  anklebear