[at-l] the two things...

Having had the pleasure - and honor - of meeting Johnny Carson not once but
twice, the news of his death really saddened me.

Several years ago - like in the late 60's - I did a SCUBA routine at Cypress
Gardens, Florida, that was part of one of his specials.  The man was a real
down to earth gent, was very easy to talk to, and made you feel like a
friend - and didn't make you feel like a bozo when you screwed a scene up
(which I did....).

A year later I was in Navy boot camp in Great Lakes, and had gone to
Waukegan for boot liberty - this big limo pulled up along side of me, the
windows comes down and Johnny yells out to me to shake my hand - didn't
remember my name, but recognized my face.  An amazing man. I will miss him.

WhoAh

Felix wrote:

Does anybody else feel as strongly as I that the passing of Johnny Carson is
very sad occasion?