[at-l] 2006 SORUCK...response

Good feedback on the feedback.

As you have noted, the SORUCK has become a bit more than a laid back
mid-winter meet and greet fest. The only way to get back to that sort of
RUCK will require more regional RUCKs. However, with the locations of the
PARUCK and SORUCK, the only chance of that occurring would be in VA and NE,
although a larger FL/AL RUCK could take some of the pressure off. I am more
concerned about the amount of work that our coordinators endure to make the
RUCKs look easy.

I'd suggest using event planners (assuming they are available) at NOC and
having some sort of reservation/admission fee. That will help make room
reservations a bit easier and more predictable.

Splitting up activities will make more available to more folks. There is no
reason we can't a couple of stove making workshops, hammock hanging in the
real world workshops, tarps and the single girl, Tuckerization and more
simultaneously. Some may want to bonfire and others will seek to sing or
watch DVDs.

This is a good plan.

Let me know how I can volunteer best.

OrangeBug