[at-l] Boston Blizzard report

Here in Pinkham Notch we only picked up a few inches from this storm,
but it was a truly beautiful day.  The snow stopped up here early this
morning, and the sun came out.  Wind is still blowing, but not as bad.
The mountain was stunning today against the blue sky.  Yesterday,
before the storm moved in, I was amazed at how bare the rock was.

 It should be a great day for cross country skiing tomorrow - I'm
hoping the Ellis River is finally frozen all the way across so I can
do the full 8K stretch from my house down to Jackson.

Spent three days "On Golden Pond" this week - down at Squam Lake
(where that movie was shot).  Frigid cold, but beautiful.  Saw a bald
eagle.  Found out my new car battery can handle temps down to -27 and
still start.  That was the air temp - don't know what the wind chill
was, but the wind was definitely howling for part of that time.  I was
glad to be indoors most of the time there, with a monstrous old fire
place roaring.

suzie