[at-l] New England in the summer

>Greetings to the List:
>
>We are trying to figure out where to hike this summer. We've spent the last
>two summers hiking in Georgia and North Carolina, and we're ready for a
>change. So, how about New England? What's the best 2-3 week stretch of AT,
>and what's the best time to hike it? We can go anytime from early June to
>late July, and we'd prefer to avoid 'mud season' and blackflies if at all
>possible.
>
>Oh, and if anyone can tell me the best cell phone to carry on this stretch,
>I would be grateful. <g>
>
>Ken B

How about all of NH.  Start at Hanover and end in Gorham.  It should
take a little over two weeks and offer spectacular views and
challenging climbs.  Early June provides black fly challenges and
late July offers crowds.  Heat can also be an issue in late June and
all of July.  Pick your poison/pleasure.  Even though I have many
years experience hiking in NH I still found it to be the most
beautiful and exciting part of my AT2004 thru hike.

Gabby Art Cloutman
--

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman