[at-l] New England in the summer

Greetings to the List:

We are trying to figure out where to hike this summer. We've spent the last
two summers hiking in Georgia and North Carolina, and we're ready for a
change. So, how about New England? What's the best 2-3 week stretch of AT,
and what's the best time to hike it? We can go anytime from early June to
late July, and we'd prefer to avoid 'mud season' and blackflies if at all
possible.

Oh, and if anyone can tell me the best cell phone to carry on this stretch,
I would be grateful. <g>

Ken B