[at-l] Cell Phones -- Perception

Ya know what I wish?

That someone could come up with a cure for gypsy moths, and chestnut blight, and that new disease that's killing all the hemlocks in the Shenandoah National Park.  I do trail work out there, and some sections of the park look like
fallout from Chernobyl with all the dead trees.  Now THERE'S a threat to organized wildness for ya.

Longhaul

If you read the newspaper from the Smoky Mountains that was on a table at the SoRuck, you might have seen that they're trying to buy a certain kind of bug that eats only wooly adelgids.  The bugs are $1 each, and the Friends of the Smoky Mountains are taking up the funds and buying the bugs.  I made a donation at Sugarlands on my way from the SoRuck to Knoxville.  As I rode through Newfound Gap, I found the tree death on the ridgetops shocking.  anklebear