[at-l] Good Advice for Digital Camera Newbees

At 06:54 PM 1/20/2005 -0500, Frank Looper wrote:
> > http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/digitalimaging/tp/newbiemistakes.htm
> > I would add an 8th: If you alter the file in a image editing program, save
> > the altered file as a separate file using "Save As". NEVER overwrite your
> > original file. As you learn more you may want to revisit the image with
>new
> > editing skills. Multiple editing of the same file will mangle your image.
> >

>Very, very good advice Jim. I'd go one tiny step further, and immediately
>make all of your files "read only" as soon as you copy them off of the card.
>I've let myself forget and hit save before and really regret it later
>because, as you said, things change.
>
>Frank

Good suggestion. I ran a trial version of an image editor once that
autosaved the changes I made to one image. I didn't realize the editor was
set to autosave and when it wouldn't let me revert I was P!$$ed.
Fortunately it wasn't an important image but I trashed that editor real quick.