[at-l] Cell Phones -- Perception

In a message dated 1/18/2005 11:08:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:
*
*
*
The primary danger
to the wilderness from cell phones is not from the hiker who carries (and
perhaps even uses) a cell phone. The danger is from the intrusion of
towers. As I said before that danger comes not from hikers but from
outside.
*
*
*

           I'm always amused by the logical goofs some people make in their
zeal to deny the need for AT wildness and participation in it by the hiking
public.

            I'd like for Bullard to explain how that innocuous cell phone
hidden in his pack would work without them [towers]. I found Weary's post calm
and rational. I saw no need to call it "raving"...

*