[at-l] SO Ruck Weekend Trip report

Dawg wrote:

>>And to Shelly...mostly to Shelly...just a small sentence, "It lasts a
lifetime." What am I talking >>about? Friendship...it lasts a lifetime...and
it will between us.

You betchya, Dawg.  I've found a new Sister...for life!  I had so much fun
hanging with you this weekend.  I found out that I'm not the only nut in
bunch.  LOL

Ya know...Frank Looper made a comment when we were hiking on Sunday that has
really stuck with me.  And, Mizter Spiff mentioned it on WhiteBlaze, too.
But, Frank said that we each come from such different social, economic,
religious, family, ethnic, and geographical areas & backgrounds, but we come
together in such harmony.  Isn't that really a beautiful thing?  And, Mizter
Spiff wondered that the rest of the world could do with a dose of this human
harmony.  Could it be that we as a global community would finally reach
Utopia?  (I know...that's just a fantasy world...sigh...)

I think that this hiker Utopia is the biggest draw to the hiking community
for me.  We lay aside any differences that we may have and commune in mother
nature to form bonds that we will have for life.

Sometimes on the trail we meet folks and in the next moment they are gone.
But, I say that we should not be saddened by their leaving, but rather
rejoice in the time and experience that we had with them.  Cherish it.  Be
richer for it.  Because, I know that even though there may be many at the
Soruck, on the trail, on the many-many lists that I'm a member of, as well
as the other hiking functions I have and will attend that I may never get
the opportunity to see again.  However, I am a better person for having
known them--even for a short moment.  Life is fragile...and often too short
as Dawg's daughter has sadly found out.  Take those moments as jewels and
put them in your treasure chest (your heart).  But, don't forget to share in
the riches, because that is where the true wealth exist.

Shelly Hale