[at-l] Natural Human Mosquito Repellent?

Walt Daniels wrote:

> I am seem to be much less bothered by both mosquitos and black flies as I
> get older (also Poison Ivy). Deer flies are another thing - they continue
> bug me.

My Granny once told me that what you eat can have an effect on how bugs
bother you.  Whatever we eat/digest is emitted through our skin especially
while sweating vigorously. She advised me to try to stay away from sweet
things with lots of sugar while outside, and that if one ate things like
ramps it would help to keep skeeters away.  'Course after eatin' them nasty
thangs it might not only keep skeeters away but also other hikers as well as
bears!  LOL

That's one thing that the article did not discuss...what did the study
subjects eat/drink prior to the test?  Hmm....

Shelly Hale