[at-l] Jerky recipes, please.

Vegetarians please excuse!  :-)

I am lucky enough to have recently come into possession of 20-30 pounds
of fresh meat all sliced 1/8th inch thick.  It's all frozen, so I can
take my time and experiment with several different recipes. If anyone
has a favorite jerky recipe they wouldn't mind sharing, I'd greatly
appreciate it.   Btw, I use a dehydrator, not an oven.  (my oven is
broke anyways)

Two specific questions I have is

1) how long do you let it soak in the marinade?
2) What is your average drying time? My big concern here is that I have
to leave it alone for 10-12 hrs while I work, and, don't want to come
back to leather. There is always "while I sleep". Never 10-12 hrs.

Thank you!!

t.