[at-l] SO Ruck Weekend Trip report

In a message dated 1/18/2005 12:04:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Rcalkins@worldbank.org writes:

>    And I thought I was one of the few hikers who snored.  Complaints I'm
> used
> to by now.  What concerns me is the thought that tired and angry
> through-hike
> pilgrims may end my hike by assassination if I try to sleep in shelters
> along
> the way...

I doubt you'll get assasinated, but you will be prodded and poked.  See, if
some can't sleep, neither can you.

One of my pet peeves is the shelter police, be it thru- or section hikers,
always trying to make it just how they want it.  No snorers, no dogs, no loud
stoves, no talking after dark, no room for more, no stinky boots, etc.

If anyone one has a problem with any of the above, perhaps it's THEY that
should set up their tent far enough away as to not be bothered.

Sly