[at-l] SORUCK report...

SORUCK report...

All went well at the 2005 SORUCK.  The total number of attendees is
unknown, since we made no effort to determine an accurate figure.  Due
to the speed at which we had to plan this years SORUCK, a number of
things didn't quite work out right, but it was no matter.  The
informality of the event made the errors invisible.  The most important
thing - food - worked out fine.  We also fed a few SOLO EMTers, and
some mountain bikers...

The facilities at NOC are just perfect for this type of event.  Our
beloved AT is right there.  Abundant accomodations (paid and stealth)
are avaialble at NOC, and in the nearby towns.  A full service
outfitter is right there...

If we return to NOC next year - and have proper advance planning,
centralized reservations, and an accurate head count - we will have an
outstanding event with a number of planned hikes, planned
presentations-seminars-discussions in the hall, a show-and-tell area
for vendors/manufacturers/organizations, and a better setup for feeding
the masses...

Some people may not like the idea of a 'planned/coordinated' SORUCK,
but the number of attendees (we were busting at the seams) has made
this event something that needs to be a bit less informal at the core.
Attendees, of course, can make it as informal as they wish.  It will
still be primarily a weekend to meet-and-greet other AT enthusiasts...

=====
Pittsburgh, Barb, Ryan, and Wilson the Trail Dog