[at-l] quiet here now

>"...Speaking of hiking; this weather does not invite walking in the woods
> or on Ridgetops so it is a good time to read and get ready for the Spring
> hikes."

I walked for a couple of miles in the woods today. The temperature was in the teens, snow was spitting. And the trail was mostly ice from frozen footprints after our one day January thaw. I was dressed mostly in cotton. My wife was working 50 miles away. I found myself thinking I should have a cell phone with me. Which would be the greater embarrassment should I fall and break a bone? Being rescued after a cell phone message? Or dying of hypothermia after years of defending the use of cotton?

Weary