[at-l] Perception - Cell Phones.

Russ,

Reference your post, dated 1-14-05.

You advise, ?... you will not see me chatting on the cell phone around the
shelter or near the trail.?

If you use a cell phone strictly in private, no one knows; you are not
harming others.  I did not intend to quarrel with that usage.

Even the purist hiker would be hard pressed, writhing upon the trail with a
compound fracture, to ask you to put away your cell phone and not call for
help.

Steve

P.S.  I failed to include the information in my post, that my pager sounded
after I had encountered another solitary hiker and we had proceeded
together.