[at-l] quiet here now

In a message dated 1/15/05 12:48:34 Eastern Standard Time, rposey1@cfl.rr.com
writes:

> It sure is quiet with all the folks at the Southern RUCK this weekend.
> Guess we know who does most of the posting.

There was a lot of anticipation regarding the food and who's who list and not
a whole lot about hiking.  It was all trail related in that there will be a
lot of encouragement and rejuvenation among those who attend and they will come
back with enthusiasm.  The PA RUCK has been relatively quiet in their
preparation.  Perhaps they have it together or are hiking in preparation for their
RUCK.

Speaking of hiking; this weather does not invite walking in the woods or on
Ridgetops so it is a good time to read and get ready for the Spring hikes.  Oh,
sure there are opportunities for hiking.  In the NYC area there are groups in
Harriman Park almost every day with people volunteering to lead hikes on the
AT and other trails.  The Shorewalkers (a NYC based group that organizes hikes
along the perimeter of NYC and also a BATT to the BEAR hike -- Battery Park
to Bear Mt.) have their walks and are planning for the 32 mile Great Saunter
around the perimeter of the city on the first Saturday in May.  The Audubon
Society has Bird Watching forays and so on.  There are things to do.  The AMC has
weekend hikes and the other clubs have their planned activities.  Lots of
opportunity but it is hard to think about hiking when it is twenty degrees outside.

Skylander