[at-l] retiring and pension

>>it'll be from 8-11 years before I can get my pension
>>AND the ever important medical benefits...I'm hoping
>>for the "golden handshake".

My Dad is in that position right now. In Jan 06 he
will have his magic "numbers": 30 yrs (actually 31
next year) of employment and 55 years old. He will
have his pension, but alas can't afford to retire due
to the cost of medical benefits. If he can find a part
time job that would pay the medical he would quit in a
heartbeat.

He wants to buy some land in Maine when he retires.
Might give me an excuse to go back East more often. :D

(Going to RI this Monday. First time in over two
years!)

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com