[at-l] perception and such

In a message dated 1/14/05 08:44:18 Eastern Standard Time,
jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:

> Sometimes. Memory is a funny thing. I've been trying to understand it for a
> long time. I remember snippets of things that I can't connect to anything

Everything that we see or do is within.  Try this experiment:  Write!  Those
who write accounts of their hikes probably experience some of the recall that
writing brings on.  If one starts to write about their childhood there is a
phenomenon of recall that is sometimes pretty weird.  Memories rise from the
well that is within and surface, bringing other memories to the top of
consciousness as well.  It is sometimes very hard to keep pace with the many memories
that rise from deep within.

Out in the woods or on a ridge-point all alone thoughts come without
invitation and a self-therapy results as events or incidents or people's conversations
are brought to mind.  This can happen in the middle of the night, in the wee
hours, when all is quiet.  It can even happen when in the midst of a crowded
train or when a meeting is going on, but the mysterious nature of our minds is
a fascinating topic.  It is a wonder!  Reverie!  It is possible to draw from
that which is within and find treasure.

Skylander