[at-l] Perception/Quote

In a message dated 1/13/2005 9:52:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jestbill@yahoo.com writes:
*
*
*
A reputation for splitting
hairs and worrying about logos or names is the path of irrelevance.
*
*
*

        This is a good example of what I was talking about. ATC changed the
name because it realized it wasn't impressing its needs adequately. I'm
surprised that even after this people still don't detect that as shown in this post.
ATC did it because they have dedicated concern for the AT and its course. They
wanted to impress that the AT wasn't just a hiking trail but was a land
conservation enterprise. That certainly isn't "splitting hairs". It strikes me as
genuine unawareness of exactly why ATC did that - sort of a 'tone' itself...