[at-l] Perception/Quote

>"...That's why the internet Trail Community and its chat medium is a farce to me and
only serves as a drag on the real "Conservancy" AT..." thinks RnR.

Well, not wholly a farce. My frequent reminders of the job the Maine Appalachian Trail Land Trust has taken on has produced several thousand badly needed dollars. I don't have an accurate accounting because I don't know all the names of all the people on the lists. But I figure donations scattered from across the nation that nobody on our fundraising committee has contacted personally must be from AT-L or WhiteBlaze.

The need truly is critical. We have a one time opportunity to generate some real buffers for important pieces of the trail in Maine. The land is on the market. Only money is needed to buy it at what are still bargain prices compared with lands abutting the trail in most other states. We borrowed the money needed to purchase land on the slopes of Saddleback and the ridgeline of Abraham, because we would have lost these supurb acres had we not acted quickly. We gambled that the trail community would come through. I believe it will.

You can help. Just open:

http://www.matlt.org/

Weary