[at-l] Perception/Quote

In a message dated 1/12/2005 8:03:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
janl2@mindspring.com writes:
*
*
*
> or a discussion would ensue by the "AT Community") (what a joke)...

Not to pick on Roks, because this is a human condition and I need to
hear this again as much as anybody, but we DO play a role in creating
our own reality. I'm not particularly religious (tho I respect anyone
actually living their creed of mercy, and not just mouthing empty
words), but I have observed that "as ye sow, so shall ye reap"
*
*
*

         My point was that persons who pretend to have a considered opinion
about cell phones and the AT almost universally fail to honestly respond in the
form of honest debate when cell phones appear unfavorably. To me that looks
like they don't really care in the first place. The point was that an honest
Trail Community has to care if it is going to live up to its title. If the men
took unnecessary risk *because* they had a cell phone it should be noted.

           I don't see where anything Jan wrote has anything to do with that.
I agree with "as you sow so shall you reap". Unfortunately real "AT" is
evidently a language too many who promote themselves visibly as AT members don't
really understand. Too bad. These are people who when ATC makes a desperately
needed move by changing its name can only make superficial *negative* comments
about the move without showing any understanding of exactly why they did.
That's why the internet Trail Community and its chat medium is a farce to me and
only serves as a drag on the real "Conservancy" AT...

*