[at-l] Perception/Quote

> Maybe. Or maybe there was an actual, literal miracle. I
> can't speak from knowledge...

I like David's miracle better.  The miracle of humanity.

Beats the crap out of spontaneously generated loaves and fishes, if you as
me...which you didn't...

Sort of reminds me of something I wrote in Storming the Gates of Eden:

www.theplacewithnoname.com/voiceoftheuniverse/stgoe.htm

The mistake, though is that God did not give the Earth to man, God gave man
to the Earth. The Earth was not made for man. Man was made for the Earth.

For me, prayer isn't about talking to God. I don't think that God listens.
If God exists, then God just knows. I don't think that an All Knowing mind
could be informed of anything at all. I think that the kind of prayers that
most people pray aren't very good prayers. It's all about 'thank you for
this' or 'can I please have that'. It all comes out of ritual or obligation
or need. Nobody ever prays to just say hello. I mean, if your kids called
you from college and left messages on your answering machine that were all
'thank for the money' or 'please send more money', wouldn't that get old
after a few thousand years?

Prayer is about trying to connect with something greater than ourselves.
Even atheists pray, they just don't think about it. All hope is really a
kind of prayer. I don't even think that a prayer is something you say. A
prayer is something that you are. I think that we should also try to be the
answer to our own prayers, and every so often we should try to be the answer
in some small way to somebody else's prayer too.

Shane