[at-l] OT- Fun Site

The site is indeed fun. No big surprise..my age group
(Gen X) is the largest age group where I live. :-)

A for your comment :

>>I am part of the "Lucky Generation". I'm not sure
why >>being born then was
>>deemed lucky but I know it hasn't helped me in the
>>LOTTO.

If you were born between 1936 and 1945 you were too
young to remember the last days of the Depression and
too young to  be drafted for WW2 and Korea. By the
time drafting for Vietnman really ramped up in 1969
you were not considered within drafting age.[1]

Basically,you are "lucky" (I am guessing), because you
did not have the chance to get drafted for war. Just a
guess on my part, mind you. But makes as much sense as
any why the Census people considerd people born in
those years "The Lucky Generation".

Mags

[1] A few years ago most people, myself included,
though the draft was a relic. Something that was never
going to be used. Now, I am not so sure.  We'll see if
the new enrollment bonuses help any.
Reserve and Guard enrollments are down, as well as
full time military. Troop commitments are going up.
The US miliatary is projecting a nee for 80000 more
people. Obviously at 30 yo, far from being old..but
too old for the draft unless it gets to WW2 size. I
continue to cross my fingers for my brother (who is a
medic in the Air National Guard).  Just an
observation..

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com