[at-l] Perception/Quote

Jim Bullard wrote:

> At 07:51 AM 1/12/2005 -0500, Jan Leitschuh wrote:
>
>>> or a discussion would ensue by the "AT Community") (what a joke)...
>>

>> Not to pick on Roks, because this is a human condition and I need to
>> hear this again as much as anybody, but we DO play a role in creating
>> our own reality. I'm not particularly religious (tho I respect anyone
>> actually living their creed of mercy, and not just mouthing empty
>> words), but I have observed that "as ye sow, so shall ye reap" appears
>> to be natural law, just as real as gravity.
>>
>> Our expectations, the "story" we tell ourselves, do/does affect our
>> perception of reality. Just look at thruhikers.
>

> While it is true that subjective reality can affect our lives, there is
> also objective *REALITY*. For an example of perception that does not
> match reality read
> <http://www.christianitytoday.com/bc/2005/001/3.8.html>. Simply
> believing something is true may make you feel better about yourself, but
> it still doesn't make it true. We all need a reality check from time to
> time.

And, it is a bit of joke or trick of the human mind that has us
believing OUR "reality" is the "right" one, would you not agree?
Thus, we travel from one holy war to another...
Perhaps a healthy dose of humilty and optimism would actually enhance
our personal experince of daily living?
I personally observe more harm from those coming from negativity and
invalidation than those coming from a more mellow and centered place...

--
     	AT Journal:
	http://www.trailjournals.com/Liteshoe/