[at-l] Perception/Quote

At 07:51 AM 1/12/2005 -0500, Jan Leitschuh wrote:
>>or a discussion would ensue by the "AT Community") (what a joke)...
>
>Not to pick on Roks, because this is a human condition and I need to hear
>this again as much as anybody, but we DO play a role in creating our own
>reality. I'm not particularly religious (tho I respect anyone actually
>living their creed of mercy, and not just mouthing empty words), but I
>have observed that "as ye sow, so shall ye reap" appears to be natural
>law, just as real as gravity.
>
>Our expectations, the "story" we tell ourselves, do/does affect our
>perception of reality. Just look at thruhikers.

While it is true that subjective reality can affect our lives, there is
also objective *REALITY*. For an example of perception that does not match
reality read <http://www.christianitytoday.com/bc/2005/001/3.8.html>.
Simply believing something is true may make you feel better about yourself,
but it still doesn't make it true. We all need a reality check from time to
time.