FW: [at-l] Fl Ruck

Thanks to Rodney for posting the FL Ruck write-up.  I should add the following trailnames of persons who attended:  Trailtalker, Hummingbird, Dutch Treat (who so very graciously gave us two nights of wonderful music).

Of the 80 or so who attended, many were there more for the annual event of New Year's in the Ocala NF, which our FTA chapter has been doing for years.  Lou and Rachael Augsburg have been organizing this undertaking for as long as I can remember.  They buy the paper goods, coffee, tea, creamer, plasticware; they reserve the Doe Lake lodge and site; they arrange all the hikes and canoe trips and ask others to lead; and they shepherd the required post-event cleanup.

One night is a pot luck supper; one night is a stone soup (bring something for the giant soup pot and put out the leftovers from the night before).

Jon Phipps added the Ruck/long distance hikers past and future to the annual NYE gathering.  We had a lot of discussion, opinions, and laughter.  I loved the womens' discussion!  It really was a great time, and I apologize to anyone whose name I've temporarily blanked.

Joan
bluetrail@aol.com