[at-l] A winter stroll (trip report)

A weekend jaunt up Herman's Gulch, part of the
"official" CDT. This trail is known as a classic
backcountry ski area. As such, traded in my snowshoes
for my less used backcountry skis.

The gulch is wide and gentle; perfect for backcountry
skiing if you are like and not the most graceful on
two boards.

The day was overcast and snowy but still nice. The
gentlty falling snow covered everything with a blanket
of white. The mountains were shrouded in clouds and
the boughs of the trees were covered with snow. All in
all, a beautiful day.

I posted some pics at:
http://gallery.backcountry.net/cowint05?&page=5

=====