[at-l] Fundraising

Hello folks!  I am qualified to chime in on this discussion!  I am a hiker
who has used the A.T. as the premise for raising money for abused and
abandoned children.  When I hiked the A.T. in '02, I called the effort
"Hike4Kids" but, NEVER asked for money while on the trail itself!

In fact, I never asked for money off the trail either!  All the fundraising
was done locally before I stepped foot on the A.T.  Having said these
things, I believe that gatherings or rucks are a great place to ask for
voluntary donations BUT it should not be the format for raising money for
specific non-profits.  Do it for one and you will then have to form a
committee to designate the next year's recipient!

Enjoy the fellowship!  If you hear of a fellow hiker who is hiking for a
worthy cause and feel lead to support him? by all mean, write that check!

I know who encouraging it was for me when I received support from fellow
hikers!

William "Spanky" Bateman
ECT 2005 SOBO

--
PGM Radio Mail is always certified as Virus Free by AVG Software.
Visit us at either www.pgmradio.org or www.abovetheclouds.cc