[at-l] Re: at-l Sleeping Bag Comparisons

At 09:03 PM 1/9/2005 -0600, jsmith@wate.com wrote:
>I think you're right, but I too can't explain it.
>
>On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 22:34:43 -0500
>  "David Hicks" <daveh@psknet.com> wrote:
>>I have owed a number of synthetic and down bags.
>>IMHO the comfort range of down is wider than synthetic.
>>Don't have a clue why and it might all be in my head.
>>I am slowly switching to all down bags.
>>Chainsaw

I don't have a down bag for comparison but I've noticed that acrylic
sweaters are very warm but can easily become *too* warm in warmer
temperatures while my wool sweaters are comfortable over quite a wide range
of temperature. Same phenomenon? Like maybe nature has figured out
something that we haven't.