[at-l] New to AT

Welcome to the campfire.

Pull up a log & join in.

Hey, whoever has the smashmallows, pass em over.

Chainsaw

BTW -- We are a group of friends who are rather like a campfire -- we tend
to talk about a lot of things and forget that new folk to the campfire
missed part of the earlier conversation.  So, we are not likely to bring up
a subject, unless something, or someone, brings it to mind.  And, at any
particular time, a member, with just the right answer for you might be off
list, hiking or whatever.

So, don't just sit back a listen, expecting subjects to just come up or
limit yourself to the answers that come up currently.

There is an archive at

http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/at-l/

or

http://www.backcountry.net/arch/at

If you can't find enough discussion, or an answer there, ask a question.  If
you don't get enough responses ask again.  IMHO, you tend to get better
answers to single questions with an indicator of the question in the subject
line.  I suspect some folk miss the questions, or hold off when they have no
major opinions on most of a group of questions, etc.