[at-l] Re: at-l Sleeping Bag Comparisons

I have owed a number of synthetic and down bags.

IMHO the comfort range of down is wider than synthetic.

Don't have a clue why and it might all be in my head.

I am slowly switching to all down bags.

Chainsaw

Ya' know, I just had a sudden inspiration: down is comfortable at a wider range of temperatures because ducks are comfortable wearing their down at a wide range of temperatures.  The virgin polyesters are comfortable only at a narrow temperature range, maybe because we pluck them before they're ripe.  <G>  anklebear