[at-l] Bridge over the River Housatonic

Richard (ATsomeday) wrote:

>Well, I guess it could be (probably is) that I don't recall correctly and/or missed that
>loop you describe.  My maps are in storage in CT while I explore Florida this winter.

Looking at my old maps (1991) shows the AT turning left (hiking
northbound) at the light at the north end of the US7 bridge and then
walking down Warren Trpk. The 'newer' maps (1994, thank you JipC) show
the AT turning right and looping around and coming back to Warren Trpk
directly in front of the skewl. All I know is I never saw anything
indicating a right (trail-east) turn at the light and I never saw
anything that looked like an AT blaze going over the railroad trax. And,
I stood at that intersection for several minutes trying to decide if I
was going to walk up to that cafe or not. I didn't  :(

>Yes, the KT I referred to is the Knobstone Trail about which I talked to you at the PA
>Ruck last year.  Someday.....

Man...I thought you did that already. I left cottage cheese at road
crossing for you...large curd!  (Do you still need a shuttle?)