[at-l] Bridge over the RIver Housatonic

Richard (ATsomeday) wrote:

>Felix:
>
>IIRC, the trail (going northbound) crosses Route 7 and makes a big loop
>around a corn(?)field and goes back on Route 7 just before the large
>concrete bridge over the Housatonic, a 1/2 mile trail walk which avoids a
>several hundred yard road walk on Route 7.  Then at the light after the
>bridge, the trail turns left and goes by the high school before turning
>right over some railroad tracks and into the woods.

I know about the 'cornfield walk' (not to be confused with any of the
battles at Antietem). That is south of the concrete bridge. My map shows
that...but, on the north side of the bridge, at the stoplight for Warren
Trpk, it shows the AT turning right and looping around and coming out (I
believe) by that little restaurant on US7 (right side of the road) and
then merging back on to Warren Trpk right in front of the skewl. It
shows a side trail coming off and going to 'lookout point'.

>Since it's well know that you're a southbounder, perhaps you are looking
>at the map upside down?

This is most definite...because I look at them from the backside, I have
to look at them upside down so it works out...

>Regards,
>Richard (LT 01-02, ATsomeday, KTsomeday, PCTsomeday, etc.)

You've got quite a future before you...(is KT Knobstone Trail?)