[at-l] OT - Soil From The Ground Up

So,
are there any other obsessive gardeners out there who have built a
balanced soil from the ground up?

I know I'll need more amendments. I was thinking a little powdered
clay, to help hold nutrients (clay is negatively charged and hold the
calcium, magnesium, potassium, trace-mineral, et-all ions; sand is
neutral, hence no fertility - all I remember from Soil Science 101) We
tend to be quite acid here in the east, and esp. on this sand. Anyone
built up from sand before? Come on, I can't be the only garden
obsessive here.

I remember Helen and Scott Nearing speaking of greensand, and other
mineral amendment. What is greensand, anyway (beside green)? Anyone
else add stuff like that? Felix The LandScaper, where are you?

CompostOnMy Shoe
--
     	AT Journal:
	http://www.trailjournals.com/Liteshoe/