[at-l] SORUCK fundraiser...

In a message dated 1/2/05 16:40:51 Eastern Standard Time,
readyhiker@yahoo.com writes:

> There's a camp (not Y-related) practically next
> to the AT in Pawling, NY -- Holiday Hills is its
> name, I believe.  It's right on Route 22, less
> than 2 miles south of the RR crossing.

Is this a recent change?  Well, I am an older person but when I attended
Holiday Hills in Pawling, NY it was a YMCA camp facility.  Now, I admit, this was
back in the 1960s and 1970s.  Did it become independent?  It is a great
facility.  Oh, Do they have a Hiking Program there for children?

I would think that a Boy Scout or Girl Scout organization might be a better
recipient.  Perhaps with a donation they can be given some information
regarding Shelter Sharing or Hiker etiquette.  And, Is this going to be a donation in
memory of Walker in Maine to the children's organization?

How can those of us who cannot attend contribute toward the charity fund?

Skylander