[at-l] Financing trips

When it was that cold, I wrapped wet shoes in a couple of plastic grocery
store bags (I carried extras) and stowed them under my sleeping bag; that
kept them from freezing.  I'll never forget beginning the climb of Stratton
Mountain with those bricks of ice for shoes.

The contact lense case and solutions I put in a ziplock baggie and tossed
into the bottom of my bag, which kept them from freezing over, too.  I also
put some water in a tiny Nalgene down there with them, for washing them in
the morning.   I was getting frostbite on my thumb and forefinger from
washing the lenses in ice water.

Pooja
GA -> PA <- ME '04

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before
them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. "
-- Thucydides