[at-l] Financing trips

Hi,

I've wondered, as a matter of curiosity, how people go about financing
their trips? Certainly there is the normal job approach: have the trip
in mind a long time before going and then save little by little. What
about people who do trip after trip? Are these people who work six
months out of the year or are doing their trips on retirement funds or
what? What are some good ways to make money for trips? Since I came
back to the States in September, I worked at a miserable data entry
position here in New York and barely was making enough to finance my
upcoming Florida Trail trip. I also have worked as a freelance
translator on the side and was very fortunate that a few 1st rate jobs
came through in Nov-Dec and this allowed me to quite my horrid job and
work on those, while securing enough funds for this upcoming
adventure. I feel really blessed about that. At the same time, I
wonder what employment options there are for people who want to be on
the trails as much as possible but need to finance their trips? Any
thoughts on this? Just a matter of curiosity....

David
http://www.trailjournals.com/djessop