[at-l] New Reservation System at Katahdin

Soon after the handicapped law was passed, the head of a regional agency called the newspaper where I worked and asked to talk to me. I told him sure. A few minutes later an aide called to make sure I knew he was handicapped. I don't remember the guy's name, what he said, or even the agency he worked for, though I think it may have been the New England Regional office of the Environmental Protection Agency. But I do remember vividly the furor it caused at the paper getting him and his wheel chair in the building and to the second floor news room.

Weary