[at-l] Has...

Quoting Jim Bullard <jbullar1@twcny.rr.com>:

> At 11:06 PM 12/25/2004 -0500, Felix wrote:
>
> >...anyone heard from me? I owe me money and was wondering how I am.
> >(actually,
> >I'm alive and well and just outside of boston. my hike was cut drastically
> >short, but was still a lot of fun. More on that in a week or so. thanks
> >Earthworm for the kewl maildrop  :-)  i'll write y'all later and go
> Colts...)
> >
> >--
> >Felix J. McGillicuddy
>
> No, I didn't hear from you but I was wondering how you were doing in that
> bitter cold snap that cruised through the Northeast. Do you still have all
> your fingers and toes?

That is odd because you were one of the people I sent cards to...danged postal
service. I ended up staying out for only a couple of days. The first night was
in the mid-single digits...but, it was still beautiful and I was warm IN MY
BAG. Cooking...I still hate cooking when it's cold. The second night was much
better. Barely below freezing. Weather was okay...flurried a time or
two...but, nice. Connecticut was much more beautifuller than I remembered it.
I think I eneded up hiking 13 miles the first day and 18 or so the
second...then, 2 or 3 into Salisbury. The reason I quit was more an issue of
wanting to watch NFL games on Sunday and not feeling confident I could make it
to Great Barrington by then. I wasn't in the mood to do more 18's and then a
20 on Monday. so, I walked in to salisbury, got coffee and a bagel, went to
the post office (where I was told "This is a record. We never see hikers this
late in the year.") and got a letter and two maildrops (thanks EW!!) As I was
putting the stuff in my pack, some people started talking to me. In the matter
of a minute or two I'd sweet-talk yogied a ride halfway to my truck. The guy
let me out in Cornwall Bridge. Ten minutes later I was in a car with a guy who
southbounded this year. Had a great time and talk with him. (Fourwinds) He
took me right to the door where my truck was parked (Near New Milford, CT) The
funny thing (not 'ha-ha' funny, mind ya) is that my leg hurts worse now than
it did when I was hiking....some sciaticacaci thing, or something. Is this
digressin'? Is my arm itching?