[at-l] New Reservation System at Katahdin

Uhh...wouldn't that be an attempt at a "separate but equal" solution?  In
Denver, we had people lying down in front of busses in protest of their
separate system for handicapped transport.  Now all the busses have wheelchair
lifts and parking areas onboard.

Maybe if we're real quiet the subject will never come up.

Sounds like a good project for a private group, tho.
--- RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/18/2004 6:03:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> ellen@clinic.net writes:
>
> Wisely,  the Appalachian Trail is not required to be accessible by
> wheelchairs.
>

>         ***    It seems  to me that a well constructed wheelchair trail that
> goes through some wild areas  could be constructed somewhere. Maybe even one
> with a ramped hostel access for  several overnights worth of distance.
> Nothing
> stopping the handicapped lobby  from doing this...

=====
Want to be respected?  Be respectable.
JestBill  Ga--->Me '03